Happy Monday, everyone! So, our list last week was
Five things you hope your children will say when they are grown and are asked to recall their childhood.
I hope you took some time to at least ponder the topic, even if you didn't have time to write them out. THANK YOU to those of you who commented...what great lists!
Here's what I came up with:
1. That God was at the root of everything we did...He was our third parent.
2. That love was abundant...our parents loved each other, us, and others whole heartedly...the love was completely unconditional and shown not just in word, but in action.
3. Creativity and use of our God-given talents were valued and encouraged.
4. Honesty and open communication were always present, even though it made conversations longer and more explanations needed at times.
5. We learned the life skills needed to be contributing members of society. Laziness was NOT an option.
I'm sure you felt, like I did, that these were HUGE goals...maybe some of them seem do-able at times, maybe you feel like a complete failure in other areas...that's how I feel, at least! Although I do feel as though this maybe a bit out of my reach right now I am encouraged that at least we're thinking about it! We're not blindly letting life just HAPPEN...we're making a plan, charting a course, however lofty it might be!
Let's continue on with another make-a-list Monday! Here's what we'll do:
**Pick ONE of your statements.
**Make a list of five concrete things you could do this week (or in a day) that would help make that goal a reality.
Feel free to leave a comment below and we'll check in again next Monday.
Enjoy your week!