Saturday, July 9, 2011

Craft Time...KITS



So the other day we had a great time making crafts from kits….normally I don’t like the ‘canned’ projects, but they were 40% off at JoAnn's so I picked some up…man, alive, did they EVER do the trick!

(Depending on where you live you may not have a JoAnn’s fabrics, but now IS a great time to look for those “kids’ camp” type items as the stores seem to think that summer is over and they need to clearance so they can make way for school supplies. Their craziness is our gain, right?!)

I picked up those plastic sun catchers and some cute little drawstring bags (a pack of 5) and some fabric markers and let the kids go to town….they got to use their creativity a little bit as they decided what to put where and it kept them busy for quite awhile. I guess I’ll never say “no” to “canned” projects again. :) In fact, it might even be a good time to buy some to have on hand for future snow-days.

No comments: