Thursday, July 21, 2011

Woman's Shirt to Toddler Dress


Leve also spotted this cute orange shirt at our local thrift shop.
It actually looked pretty cute on me, but I guess the three year old wins again. (wink!)






The first thing I did was pull the entire thing apart into its separate components.


I then measured the top around her and marked where it needed to be cut and how to make it fit around her. We cut a seam down the back of the top. We also cut down the side seams. The trickiest part was getting the yellow line down the front to look nice against her body.



Then I took the skirt and gathered the top to make it work for her waist...I wanted to get a fuller skirt instead of just cutting the side seams.


After it was ruffled I pinned/sewed it to the bodice piece with right sides together.



And we're done!

No comments: