Friday, July 8, 2011

Happy Anniversary


Today at 6 p.m. will mark 11 years of wedded bliss for the spouse and I. He doesn't like to be mentioned on the blog, much less a photo added, so his wishes are respected and I won't post one of him. I will, however, talk a little bit about him and that day...

I was always a girl who dreamed of her perfect wedding to the perfect guy. You see, I know a lot of girls spend time thinking about the dress, the flowers, the location...I thought about all those things, AND about the guy I would one day marry. I dreamed that we'd have a gorgeous outdoor wedding and he wouldn't balk at my idea of going barefoot. I dreamed that it would be a family affair and the man of my dreams would embrace it whole-heartedly. I dreamed that I would get to sing to my groom before I walked down the aisle and that the guy would smile and be honored to be sung to. As God would have it, all my dreams came true. It was the perfect wedding to the perfect guy. He agreed to my idea of brown bridesmaids dresses (a total "HUH!?!" in 2000, which has now totally caught on) and tied hundreds of bows to the invitations with a smile on his face. The love and attention he put into that day is the same love and attention he's put into our entire marriage. I am blessed beyond belief and I know it.


For our 11th Anniversary we are taking our honeymoon; a trip to the Boundary Waters. You see, after our wedding we stayed a day to clean up and then headed to our summer jobs at Bible Camp where the spouse counseled a cabin of special needs campers and I worked as the Retreat Hostess. Since then we've not had the time, money, or babysitters to make a true honeymoon happen. Sure, the spouse came to Norway to visit when I student taught (my brother also came with!). Sure, we went to NYC for a few days in 2007, but we're SUPER excited for a full-on just he and I adventure into God's country.

More than that, I look forward to many more anniversaries together. The lyrics of the song I sang to him on July 8, 2000 are even more true today. I honestly could not ask for more.

"I Could Not Ask For More"
Edwin McCain

Standing here with you
Our future to embrace
Smiling just to see the smile upon your face
These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive
These are the moments I'll remember all my life
I found all I've waited for
And I could not ask for more

Looking in your eyes
Seeing all I need
Everything you are is everything to me
These are the moments
I know heaven must exist
These are the moments I know all I need is this
I have all I've waited for
And I could not ask for more

I could not ask for more than this time together
I could not ask for more than this time with you
Every prayer has been answered
Every dream I have's come true
And right here in this moment is right where I'm meant to be
Here with you here with me

These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive
These are the moments I'll remember all my life
I've got all I've waited for
And I could not ask for more

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Such wonderful memories of a beautiful day filled with love! Happy Anniversary Stacy!!