Sunday, July 17, 2011

Scripture Memory Verse Week 6



Welcome to week 6! The verse is...
He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. Mark 16:15

Check out these great songs
Go & Tell the World (A spiritual) {There are some visuals that might raise questions with your kids; homeless people, tsunami footage, etc. If this is a topic your kids aren't ready for you may want to preview this one.}
Tell the World That (A rock song)
Tell the World of His Love (a slower song)

Sometimes the idea of telling others about God is intimidating...I get that, believe me...I GET that more than I'd like to admit. But, NOT talking about and NOT doing it is NOT an option. This is our call! A direct instruction from Jesus himself!

This week I challenge you and your kids to talk about this...

What needs are there in the world that you see around you?
How might you tell others about Jesus by the things you do?

Maybe it's something little that needs to change right inside the walls of your home, maybe it's being more patient with other drivers on the way to work, maybe it's inviting the neighbor kids to your church's VBS program. Talk about it, brainstorm ideas, and then IMPLEMENT. I don't know about your kids, but my kids are the Prince and Princesses of accountability. If I say we're going to do it, they hold me to it. (Usually by incessantly asking me, "Mom, when are we going to the park? Are we going to the park today Mom? You said we're going to go to the park. Can we go now?" but, I digress...)

Can you imagine what our world would look like if we all answered this ONE call?! Let's get started by teaching our kids that telling others about God isn't a scary thing, it's just how we live...they are young and the time to mold them is NOW!

No comments: