Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Potato Soup

Our church serves a Lenten Soup and Sandwich each Wednesday evening during Lent. (Yup, this post is REALLY long overdue since Easter was a MONTH ago...)
I have always been in awe of these ladies who cook soup for 150 people...and this year I decided was going to be one of those ladies...I decided to make a Potato Soup recipe I had made for a friend's Birthday bash. The recipe can be found here. I know that its nearly getting too warm for soup, but in case you're in the mood I would DEFINITELY suggest this recipe...totally YUM.

The part I found most intimidating was the bacon...for 150 people it said I needed 112.5 strips of bacon...yikes! So, I did something I hadn't done before...I broiled the bacon. It was STELLAR...so easy, so fast. Here is the bacon in the various stages. (Too bad I haven't learned to photograph meat better...it looks kinda nasty!)






Needless to say, by the end of that Wednesday my feet were super tired (I had also had youth group thrown in there). I was SO thankful there were loads of people who had pitched in so that I could get it all done...and I can cross "Make soup for 150 people" off my bucket list. ;)

No comments: