Monday, May 23, 2011

Scripture Memory Verse

I think those that are Christians all desire to know the scriptures better...we want them written on our hearts, but so often we've gotten "off track" or don't have the discipline to get the scriptures learned.



Here's what I propose...let's do this together! This summer, as part of my Christian Education work, I have started a summer memory verse program. Wanna join in?! We'll take it slow and just learn one scripture per week...we can do this!




This week's verse is:
Delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

Here's what I would encourage you to do...write that nugget on an index card...put it on your fridge or in front of your kitchen sink and when you get to those two places read it, try saying it, meditate on what it means...and if you already have that one memorized (WITH the address) consider yourself ahead of the game and hang tight until next week's verse. :)

Who is "in"!?!


For added fun...our church is also doing a summer memory verse program for kids.
Their first memory verse was:
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1

Their verse for this week is:
"In my Father's house there are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you." John 14:2

What fun to hear God's Word coming out of their little mouths!
Let's get started TODAY!

No comments: